Friday, July 16, 2010

A sad goodbye

Back in November when I began Baby Bootcamp there were two girls there that first day who had babies just about Jackson's age.  One of the girls came up to me after class and said, "Me and Emily are going to Starbucks at Oakway do you want to come?"  That was the beginning...  I got in my car and called Ryan, so excited, and told him what had just happened.  We met at Oakway, just three mom's and three babies.  We talked and talked and talked.  Turns out both of these girls had just moved here as well, didn't know anyone, and had no family around.  These were their first babies, and all our kids are three weeks apart.  We looked at the clock and everyone jumped up, it was already 1:30p.m.  Wow, where had the day gone.  Looking back on that I have to laugh, it was only 1:30.  From that day on we spent almost every day together.  People can't understand our relationship.  And it's hard to explain how we bonded so quickly, I don't think we quite understand it ourselves.  All I know is these girls helped me through the hardest life changing event that has ever happened to me.   Words can not describe what these people mean to me.  Rebecca thank you for inviting me to coffee :)

When we met that first day we knew Rebecca was going to move the end of June, we just didn't realize then how much we'd care.  Rebecca moved to Oakland California and we spent the last few weeks trying to have as much fun as possible.  I also did there family pictures before they left, here's a few shots of the last few weeks. 






2 comments:

  1. that is sad! You will stay in touch though! That is why blogs are so awesome!
    I LOVE the picture of her and her husband on that bridge! Great job Bells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their family pics look great. It is hard to move with the cycles of life/friendship...

    One thing that struck me is how easy it is to make someone's day, and possibly begin a really meaningful relationship. And, of course, how easy it is NOT to do that, as well. What if they hadn't asked you to coffee?

    ReplyDelete