Friday, July 16, 2010

9 months



Well I have had a baby now as long as I was pregnant, got to say this nine months went by much faster!  I remember feeling like I was going to be pregnant forever and now feeling like I'm only going to have him for a minute.  It's good though it makes you cherish all the moments.  He's growing up so fast.  He tries to pull himself up (hasn't done it yet) and loves to stand, still no crawling, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's an early walker, he sure likes to be upright.  Him and his dad have formed quite a bond.  It's very cute to watch the two of them.  He adores Ryan, from the second he gets home from work they're practically inseparable.  Lucky for me too, because by that time I could use the break.


Jackson is such a sweet boy, I know when you're writing this stuff it always sounds perfect, and wonderful, but maybe that's because when you sit back and look at the big picture it is as perfect as it can be.  He is human, and a baby, he cries, and sometimes I don't know what's wrong.  But he has been such an easy baby, and a great sleeper and has the sweetest personality, I just can't get enough of him.  He is so big sometimes I forget how young he really is.  He loves music, and everyone says he's going to be a percussionist.  He loves to drum. ( I think most kids probably like to drum, but its fun to think that what they are doing now is a preview of what he will be into later :)

The other day Rebecca gave Jackson a Jumperoo.  I didn't really want to take it, it's big and I didn't know if he would really use it, and our living room is small.  But I'm so glad we took it.  He has been having so much fun with it!  His face just lights up it's like he can't jump high enough!  I'll have to get a video and post it.  Its so funny!  Me and Ryan have live in entertainment now, just watching him.  He loves books, his touch and feel books are his favorite, and just learned to "turn the page".  It's his new favorite thing but now makes it more difficult to read the story. Emily and Rebecca discovered "That's not my....."books and they are his favorite, he loves to look at them on his own and loves to have you read them.  They are so cute and we have now incorporated the language into our everyday life.  It's really funny.

He is eating a lot of real food now, and by real I mean what we eat.  Ryan loves to make him breakfast and dinner, and Jackson is all over it.  He loves avocado and bananas, and meat.  We even started ordering him his own Yum bowl (Cafe Yum).  We like feeding him as much as he likes eating it!

His favorite word is Goil????? And he says it over and over, a lot of times while holding his cup in one hand and holding it out like he is giving an intense speech.  It is hilarious, and we just discovered Caleb makes the exact same sound and the other day they were doing it back and forth to each other.  He just started saying Mama but not to me or about me yet.  He just learned the sound, I can't wait till he puts it together.  He's been saying "Daa dee" for a while now and it's pretty cute when he wakes up in the morning and calls for Ryan, to come get him.


Here's too another great month...Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right! In the big picture looking back it is perfect. He is healthy and happy , and you get to stay home and watch him learn and grow and be in the moment with him. I am just so happy that MOtherhood makes you happy! You were always a happy person anyway, but you GLOW when you are around him.
    :)

    ReplyDelete