Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oregon Fishing!









Yesterday we went Sturgeon Fishing. Today we're exhausted. It was indescribable. Ryan and I got up at 2:30a.m, left the house by 3:30(after I had put on 2 stocking caps and a hat, 1 long sleeve undershirt, 1 thermal,1 reg shirt, 1 sweatshirt, stretch pants, jeans, 2 pairs of socks, furry boots, 1 scarf, and 1 coat) and drove to Portland to meet up with Peter our Fishing guide. We met at the dock at 6:00, and we were fishing in the Willamette River by 6:30. The first catch was Ryan's a 45in 25lb fish. My first one was much smaller, and left me wondering how great the fishing would really be. But they just kept coming. By the end of the day (1:30 when we were both half dead) we hauled in some 40 fish. Ryans biggest being 55in and 60+lbs, My biggest... too big to pull in the boat, approx 70in and 70 to 75lbs. You can only keep one Sturgeon a day and it must be between 34 and 54in. We kept one had it prepared and brought it home. It was one fishing trip we will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That fish is beyond comment-ability! Amazing.. How did it taste? I bet it was fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, that seems just miserable to me LOL ( I get sea sick) BUT it is good practice for you to be getting up at 2:30 am.. and also good you are doing fun stuff together before the baby comes! YAY

    ReplyDelete