Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Few Words



Well I've been thinking a lot about how my life is changing and wanted to sit down and write something about what has been going on. Last weekend we went to a few garage sales looking for great deals on baby items. We did find a portable baby swing (not what i'd pick but a good back up none the less) and a monitor system. When we got home Ryan and I got to play "walkie-talkie" throughout the house testing out the new monitor. You know thinking about it they really are fun inventions. How is it that it's so much more fun to talk to eachother (no matter you're age) when in a different room? Anyway then Ryan set up the Portable swing in the living room.....and it hit me all night while I stared at the swing, this is really happening. Our lives will never be the same. We have baby furniture in our house. I'm not sure why it was that moment. I thought it had sunk in. And I'm sure it will sink in many more times. But that night was...I don't know how to describe it. It was a wierd feeling. I thought that moment would come more when I felt the baby move or some monumental moment like that but nope it was a swing. After waking up the next morning all those fearful feelings had passed and since then I've been looking at it wishing I had the little person to put in it. The waiting is hard. I know we should be greatful for these two weeks of nothing to do, because after that we're going and I don't see the end. In two weeks we'll know the sex of the baby (finally) and that means shopping can finally start. Two days after that we close on the house and that means moving can begin, carpet replaced, painting can be done and of coarse the baby's room. I'm pretty sure that's going to take us at least until Oct. So we should be glad about this little break of nothing planned, but it's hard to sit and wait. On to other things, I can feel the baby now, it moves a lot in the morning and right before bed (still not strong enough to keep me up at night) but every time I put my hand down to feel it, it stops moving, so up until now I've only felf it from the inside. Which means Ryan hasn't gotten to yet. And last week I grew at a rapid rate. The most noticable so far. I'm now in Maternity pants, but still wearing my own tops for now. Anyone who thought I was busty before you should see me now :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have this blog so you can have these thoughts and memories to look back on. I think the best thing about " waiting till you are truly ready" to have children is that you seem to cherish the little moments so much more and there is such an anticipation.
    I remember after gavin was born and he was laying in bed between Dave and I the first night we brought him home and I just had tears streaming down my face and I just said " I can't believe we made him" it is really a miracle.

    ReplyDelete