Monday, February 2, 2009














Wel
l We're pregnant! After almost eight years of marriage, three states, six jobs, five dogs, and not quite everything we thought we'd do before hand....we are settling down in Eugene Oregon, to raise a family. We have been looking to move out of Las Vegas, Nevada where we have been living for the past six years, into a more kid friendly environment. We found just the place here. It is a lush landscape close to the ocean, and affordable to top it off. I quit my job of eight years, to focus on photography and family life, while Ryan took a promotion to Assistant Manager. As scary as this decision has been for the both of us it seams to be working out better than expected and with all the taxes we were paying we actually are doing better now with one less income. (Funny how that works out) This new addition to my belly has only terrified us even further, however both of us are so excited that we may end up shouting the news to anyone in a hearing radius. Coming from such a large family and watching so many of my siblings go through this process of becoming a mother, you'd think i had it all down pat, and so did I, until now. I realized at almost the same moment i discovered i was pregnant, how very unprepared and uneducated I really was. I am hoping to hear from you all often with suggestions, thoughts, anything that may make the butterflies subside. I'm encouraging all information and appreciate all the help we can get. We know we're far away but now you can experience this amazing journey right along with us. We will update our progress, and you can watch as our baby grows.

6 comments:

  1. Sweet Cheryl Grin,

    We are so excited for you both! I know how overwhelmed you both are but just remember how sweet and precious his baby is and how lucky you both are to have this opportunity to become parents forever together. I really loved a book titled: What To Expect When You Are Expecting. It answers questions about how the baby is growing and what is developing right now. It also answers questions you might have about how you are feeling. It is a wonderful book and I know you would love it. Thank you for spending the time to start this blogspot for all of us that can't share this precious time with you two. Love you guys! Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bells!!!! YAY, I am so excited for you guys. You will be a great mother. :) You can ask me anything you want. I think I read every baby book I could I was so nervous and excited! Have you been to the Dr. yet?
    By the way..Cathy told me to come to this blog. We don't get texts anymore so I didn't get yours! Love you! Trish
    This blog is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so I thought about this a little and the advice I would give you is to enjoy every little minute of your pregnancy. It goes by so fast. I loved being pregant. I felt like my body was this miracle machine and I loved watching my belly get bigger and feeling the baby move. They come out real people with little personalities and they have those little personalities even when they are growing inside of you. It is amazing.
    My 2nd bit of advice is enjoy this free time. Go on lots of dates with your husband, sleep in, take naps, and enjoy your last few months by being selfish and indulgent to yourself and your relationship.. because truly when the baby comes your life gets turned upside down for awhile.
    Also, keep up with this blog. You can turn it into a blog book through blurb.com and you and your baby will always have these fun memories. I wish I had been blogging then, I would love to rememeber all of the things my body went through and see all the cute belly shots.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you have timed this perfectly, and the older I get, the more I realize that miracles come into our lives at the perfect exact time.

    I think you're going to have a son, so my question is: what will you name him? Are Frank or Ryan anywhere in the running? I'm sure Mommy has some family names to consider too.

    Whatever you do, I couldn't possibly love you more than I do right now. I'm overjoyed and ridiculously happy for you. You've shown such strength already as a couple. You're going to be a completely awesome family..... you already are, this little addition just completes you.

    I promise you that there are a BUNCH of faces smiling down on you right now from heaven. Soak in the love that is being showered on you. You're making so many people very very happy. -----> Mainly I think ILA is probably the happiest woman on the planet at this time (with the exception of course of CHERYL).

    I love you!!!!!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
    (Great) Aunt Mary Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this picture of Ryan's hand! It looks just like Grampa Keele's hand! One of his most endearing attributes. He gave me a Father's blessing the summer before he passed away, and I can still feel his big hands on my head! I hope your son has the same kind of hands!

    Love You! Aunt Mar

    ReplyDelete
  6. our blessings are with you and ryan! I'm soo excited for you both-
    miss & luv ya
    lovey and kids

    ReplyDelete